[html4all] Mission statement: equal versus equitable

Philip Taylor (Webmaster) P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Thu Oct 25 07:49:24 PDT 2007

 From Answers.Com (simplified) :

	Equal : 1. Having the same privileges, status, or rights: equal before the law.
		2. Being the same for all members of a group
		3. Impartial; just; equitable.
	Equitable : Marked by or having equity; just and impartial.

I personally prefer "equal", because anything other
than "equal" can be interpreted as "less than equal",
but others have an equally valid justification for
preferring "equivalent" and/or "equitable".

** Phil.
--------