[html4all] "Non-member" postings (?)

John Foliot foliot at wats.ca
Thu Sep 6 10:19:52 PDT 2007

Philip Taylor (Webmaster) wrote:

> Ah, I see : it is not that someone is forwarding a message
> in a confusing way, but rather that they are replying
> to a message, cc'ing this list, and that causes the
> confusion.  Now I understand : thank you !

Yep, that would be my fault - I've been cc'ing the list on my responses.
However, what is not clear to me is if Lachlan's and Ian's postings are
being seen on the HTML4ALL list as well, as they too have been including the
list in their cc'ing.  Given that the list is configured to suppress
multiple copies of the same note I only get one copy anyway.

If you are getting email directly from either Ian or Lachlan (From: header),
then the list is accepting any posting, and is not "list-members-only".
(Rob?)

Is this an issue?  I believe it can be toggled on or off, but it should be a
group decision at this point.  Any strong feelings either way?

JF