[html4all.org] List-serve

Robert Burns rob at robburns.com
Tue Aug 21 22:11:30 PDT 2007

Hi Jason,

(I checked the list and it looks like everyone has subscribed except
Bruce Lawson. Unless I missed you Bruce. So I'm including him as a
separate CC). I also noticed Chaals from Opera there on the list.
Hadn't noticed you on the list before. Welcome Chaals. Philip, are
you subscribed twice on purpose, or do we have two Philips in the group?

Anyway, I agree with all you say here Jason. On the Ruby issue,
however, I think the only issue that WhatWG is trying to look at is
the errant handling of Ruby. That is, if  the Ruby in the document is
well-formed and valid, then I don't think they plan to make it in any
way different than the rest of Ruby (though we need to keep our eye
on them). Also since IE is probably the only browser that implements
Ruby outside of XML (that I'm aware of anyway), it probably makes
sense to try to match IE's error handling (unless it does one of
those crazy IE error-handling things like it does from time to time).

BTW, it looks like HTML syntax is already enabled  on the wiki[1]. So
that's cool.

Take care,
Rob

[1]: <https://html4all.org/wiki/index.php/Talk:Main_Page>