[html4all.org] List-serve

Jason White jasonw at ariel.its.unimelb.edu.au
Wed Aug 22 03:56:19 PDT 2007

On Wed, Aug 22, 2007 at 12:11:30AM -0500, Robert Burns wrote:
> (I checked the list and it looks like everyone has subscribed except
> Bruce Lawson. Unless I missed you Bruce. So I'm including him as a
> separate CC). I also noticed Chaals from Opera there on the list.
> Hadn't noticed you on the list before. Welcome Chaals.

Welcome indeed! For anyone who doesn't know Charles, he is not only a leading
expert in Web standards, but also a strong proponent of sound technical
specifications in a range of areas: mobile devices, internationalization,
accessibility, and interoperability, all aimed at making the Web better for
everyone. These issues he has pursued in a number of roles both within and
outside of W3C. In my opinion, his technical judgments are almost always spot
on, and they are invariably well reasoned, thoughtful and valuable to the
discussion at hand.

It is very pleasing that Gregory has made it to the joint Forms task force, a
role which I am sure he will discharge with the knowledge, skill and passion
that he uniquely contributes to any discussion of Web standards in which he
participates.