[html4all.org] logo idea

Laura Carlson laura.lee.carlson at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 11:12:10 PDT 2007

Patrick wrote:
> Pseudo-markup-highlighting idea. Also, taking a slightly more abstract
> view of "html for all".
>
> On a side note: first time I've used pink in a non-ironic fashion and
> actually liked it...

Attached are three more  logotype mockups to add to the collection.
They are variations of the same type of theme. But the emphasize is on
"4 all". I tried to give  "4 all" dominance through visual weight. I
also concentrated on basic design and not the color scheme for these
samples. So they are currently just black and white.

1. File: brackets_bauhaus4_big_all.gif

Two bold brackets enclose the "HTML 4 all" as an attempt to emphasize
inclusiveness. The letters "HTML" is top center between the brackets.
The number 4 is left aligned, below the "H" in HTML. The word "all" is
proportionally larger than the "HTML". It is left aligned. The second
"l" in the word "all" is directly below the "L" in "HTML"  The type is
all sans serif pulled an prodded in illustrators. The "4" is in
Bauhaus font for a little flare.

2. File: no_brackets.gif

This is the exact same design as brackets_bauhaus4_big_all.gif without
brackets. It is a simpler and cleaner in design. The straight angles
of the top and bottom right of the design play off the curves of the
Bauhaus "4" and letter "a". Bauhaus sans serif fonts are distinguished
by most of the letters being rounded. In this case the left corner of
the "4" is  curved rather than angular.

3. File: nobrackets_reversed_html.gif

This is the same design as no_brackets.gif, only "HTML" is reversed
out to white on black instead of black on white. This reversal serves
to help unify the design. It tries to tie the composition together and
 give it a sense of wholeness. The black field behind the "HTML" is
similar size shape and color as the two letters "l" in the word "all".
The brain tends to grouped together similar items creating a semantic
relationship.

So that's my three cents <grin>.

Best Regards,
Laura