[html4all.org] WHAT WG Blog, redux

Gregory J. Rosmaita oedipus at hicom.net
Fri Aug 24 21:15:06 PDT 2007

for what it's worth, here are my 2 cents:

http://blog.whatwg.org/omit-alt#comment-7728

although one thing that the WHAT WG blog sorely lacks is a "preview"
mode, so that stupid grammatical mistakes, such as the first strongly
emphasised word in my post, which i originally had correct as "has",
but for some reason, changed to have after i cited more than simply
one pre-existing resource...  if they want more light and less heat,
they should institute a "preview your comment" mechanism, so that
one has a means of reviewing what one has written -- often in the
heat of the moment or sparked by something ultra-inflamatory --
before posting it -- its as if one couldn't review an emessage after one
has composed it, but only has the option of sending it out or not
submitting it at all...  plus, one could ensure that all links linked
properly and that not all of one's sentences are fragmentary run-on
clauses...

in the words of the immortal Robert Nesta Marley and Peter Tosh:
"Get Up, Stand Up! Don't give up the fight!"

or, as peter tosh later sang: "i don't want no peace, i want equal
rights and justice..."

gregory, who suddenly feels like listening to reggae.
I must think myself independent, as long as I live; the feeling is
essential to my existence.                           -- John Adams
   Gregory J. Rosmaita: oedipus at hicom.net or gregory at ubats.org
UBATS - United Blind Advocates for Talking Signs: http://ubats.org