[html4all.org] alt on IMG on the wiki

Robert Burns rob at robburns.com
Sat Aug 25 04:33:33 PDT 2007

Hi Josh,

I  turns out, the wiki mystery of how they displayed a tooltip with
only alt was rather easily solved. I hadn't looked at the parent
element. WikiMedia wraps every image in an anchor so what WikiMedia
calls alt text in their syntax is actually repeated as many as three
times: once f for alt attribute on the image itself, a second time
for the title attribute of the enclosing anchor,  and a third time
for the caption (optional). So the problem is not that we won't have
alt text will just have it repeated several times.

Take care,
Rob