[html4all] [html4all.org] Content-type negotiation as an alternative to ALT, LONGDESC and fallback

Philip TAYLOR Philip-and-LeKhanh at Royal-Tunbridge-Wells.Org
Sun Aug 26 02:19:04 PDT 2007

Yes, I understand the problem, I just wonder whether
we (not "the advocates group", more "the world")
are making a rod for our own backs, in "allowing"
HTML to be served in this way.  It would be
interesting to go back to the earliest design
decisions and see whether there was an assumption
that it would always be HTML-over-HTTP, or whether
right from the outset HTML was seen to be protocol-
neutral.

** Phil.
--------