[html4all] User Testing of Accessibility Features

Joshue O Connor joshue.oconnor at cfit.ie
Thu Aug 30 06:28:32 PDT 2007

Hi gang,

Just a quick FYI. I have finished the user testing of header/id
combinations, @summary and @longdesc for the HTML 5  WG. I have yet to
see the final files myself as I am out of the office until next week.
The test went really well and show use of all three in the wild with
some interesting discussion with my colleague Stuart Lawler about each
method/attribute. I am a bit concerned about the sound quality as I had
to use a crappy mic at the last minute but that will hopefully turn out
to be a non issue.

I won't say anything yet to the list about the footage until I am ready
to release it. There are three files (one for each) so at the very least
we now have video evidence of a blind screen reader user at work on real
sites to reference and refer others to.

I really think this kind of thing could be useful in other domains also.

All the best

Josh