[html4all] html authoring guidelines

Charles McCathieNevile chaals at opera.com
Fri Nov 23 16:41:24 PST 2007

On Fri, 23 Nov 2007 21:51:47 +0100, Laura Carlson
<laura.lee.carlson at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Chaals,
>
>> Provide thoughtful reasoned input
>
> Yes, fostering  constructive feedback for the HTML Working Group is
> html4all's number one goal [1]

Right :) Let me elaborate a little...

Putting stuff on the HTML list (with enough justification etc to douse the
obvious flames) is I think the best way to help this document come out as
useful... Although we can discuss it here, I think that the best thing to
do is be concrete and practical in the main group. This can also transmit
by example the idea of how useful it is to be able to read a significant
body of stuff there rather than a flame-war that keeps referring to random
other places for its real inspiration and requiring an uncountably
infinite reading list.

Lachy was thinking about subscribing here for feedback. As his manager in
the context of this project, I would be happier to say "don't worry, the
HTML 4 all group will make sure everything you need to see and respond to
is on the WG list". Of course, that only works if this group are aware of
it :)

(Also, he is a profesional Web developer by trade and experience - he has
been working a little with specifications, but that is a minority of his
day job and of his professional experience. At least, that's what his CV
and his references said - but I find them pretty credible).

cheers

Chaals

--
http://my.opera.com/chaals              Try the Kestrel - Opera 9.5 alpha