[html4all] from hixies log - Fire, a two-hour weekend, accessibility, and other rants

Philip TAYLOR Philip-and-LeKhanh at Royal-Tunbridge-Wells.Org
Thu Sep 6 00:33:56 PDT 2007

Ian Hickson wrote:
> What should flickr do? They have no alt text available. Anything they add
> (filename, tags, title, comments, EXIF data) would actually be _worse_
> than simply not having any alt text and letting the UA apply advanced
> heuristics designed by accessibility experts.

I would like to respond to this, but it's unclear whether
Ian is now posting to this list; could someone confirm,
please ?

* Phil.