[html4all] HTML4all in public?

Philip TAYLOR Philip-and-LeKhanh at Royal-Tunbridge-Wells.Org
Fri Sep 7 09:11:23 PDT 2007

Joshue O Connor wrote:

> I'll buy that, up to where I included the ellipse. The last part sounds
> funny to me (or I am just burned out, a possibility)

Thank you, Josh :-)  The last part ("and that
any feature that seeks to express the intended
physical appearance of the page (regardless of
medium) has no place whatsoever in HTML.") is
intended to make it plain that elements such
as <i>, <b>, etc., being purely and simply
indicative of the intended appearance of the element
in a visual medium, have no place in a language
intended to communicate medium-neutral semantics.

Does that help, or do you still not like it ?

** Phil.