[html4all] List rules

Philip Taylor (Webmaster) P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Tue Sep 11 06:26:39 PDT 2007

Thanks, Laura.  However, I can't see my version
(not that I really mind !) unless you misunderstood
my intentions.   I would prefer the list to have
no formal rules at all, and to be governed solely by
common sense (as it has been so far), but if there
is general consensus that it  /needs/ rules, then
I believe these should be few, short and succint
(rather like messages, in fact !).

So I prosed just four rules :

	Be polite
	Shew respect
	Be on-topic
	Cite briefly, not at length.

but if these need to be fleshed out just a little,
I would suggest

	Be polite, not abusive
	Shew respect for others' points of view
	Stick to the point, don't wander off-topic
	Keep citations short and succint.

** Phil.
--------