[html4all] Copy of e-mail to Karl Dubost

Laura Carlson laura.lee.carlson at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 05:34:24 PDT 2007

Josh wrote:
> >Charles wrote:
> >  And we should tell them that they need to make
> > this stuff matter.
>
> Good stuff Chaals.
>
> I will write something on the Wiki shortly about the social
> responsibility aspect.

The html4all mission statement [1] does talk about it some:

"Providing equitable access to web-based information creates an
environment that supports all people, regardless of the methods they
use to access that information.

Ensuring that HTML evolves in such as way as to define, provide, and
retain features that make the web more accessible, universal, and
inclusive is the socially responsible and right thing to do. It
demonstrates care for providing access to information for those who
would otherwise be locked out and lose their opportunity to use the
web. It aims to reach all people, extending the range of
communication."

Another Wiki page expounding on the social responsibility aspect would
be great, Josh.

Best Regards,
Laura
[1] https://html4all.org/wiki/index.php/Mission_Statement