[html4all] #headers back in HTML5

Henri Sivonen hsivonen at iki.fi
Fri Mar 21 05:05:00 PDT 2008

On Mar 21, 2008, at 13:29, Steven Faulkner wrote:
> I have been keeping an eye on the htmlwg list, didn't see this
> announced or mentioned, did anybody else see anything?

It was not announced on a mailing list (most spec edits aren't).

The email way to find out about would have been the mailing list for
the svn commit diffs:

> is it just me or does the re-inclusion without any recent debate or
> apparent mention of it within the working group seem a bit odd (as
> far a WG process is concerned)?

Not really. The headers attribute was included as the result of the
*research* and algorithm prototyping (mostly by Ben Millard and James
Graham) inspired by the previous debate in the WG. There was a delay
between the debate and the spec change due to the massive feedback
queue.

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen at iki.fi