[html4all] complaining about too much implementation complexity for a proposal requiring zero implementation

Robert J Burns rob at robburns.com
Thu May 29 09:41:26 PDT 2008

Hello 4all,

To highlight the insanity of the WhatWG, I just thought I'd draw your
attention to this recent post from Andrew Sidwell[1]. In it he claims
that my proposal to add 'marks' to the quotation elements adds too
much implementation complexity when that particular proposal requires
no implementation whatsoever. I really have to wonder what motivates
someone to be so contrarian?

Take care,
Rob

[1]: <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2008May/0733.html>