[html4all] universal id attribute support

Robert J Burns rob at robburns.com
Thu May 29 15:00:06 PDT 2008

Hello 4all,

Phillip and I were discussing one of the recent issues Gregory
introduced and we got on the topic of the universal id attribute and
the old way of using an empty anchor element with the name attribute
(which apparently even recent versions of DreamWeaver sill do).

Does anyone in this group know off the top of your head (or with quick
reference) how far back we have to go to find browsers that do not
support the universal id attribute as an link IDREF target? Just
curious.

Take care,
Rob