[html4all] some reflections on @alt usage

Vlad Alexander (XStandard) vlad.alexander at xstandard.com
Tue Apr 29 11:38:56 PDT 2008

> Another way of thinking about this is that tag soup thereby
> becomes part of the standard.
Well said.

> Vlad, why can't such tools have error checkers anyhow?
> Why can't browsers have them?
They can and it can be done in an informative and non-intrusive way. And if stakeholders in the Web wanted to, tag soup can be significantly reduced and a good portion of the Web can be made accessible even with HTML 4. But this is not going to happen. None of the major stakeholders in the Web really wants to have an honest conversation about the problems of the Web and how to solve them.

Regards,
-Vlad
http://xstandard.com