[html4all] images uploaded

Robert Burns rob at robburns.com
Tue Aug 28 14:57:40 PDT 2007

Hello 4all,

I've completed the upload of the images for the proposed logo designs
and edited the page so that it embeds the images from the local image
archives. I started to upload each one with some description but then
shifted into more of a batch mode. I'd like to ask the designers
themselves to start off the long description and brief alt text
descriptions of their logo designs.

The wikitext syntax for embedding images is:

[[image:filename.wextension | alt-title-caption-text]]

I've also tested this and learned that if you omit the section after
the vertical-bar the wiki software adds the filename as the alt text.
If you include the vertical bar at all without anything following it,
the wiki software will include a single space (" ") as the alt text.

To add longdescription summaries and alt text, I'm including the
relevant links below.

Laura
Alt
<https://html4all.org/wiki/index.php?
title=New_Logos_Archive_and_discussion_page&action=edit&section=10>

Long description
<https://html4all.org/wiki/index.php?
title=Image:Brackets_bauhaus4_big_all.gif&action=edit>
<https://html4all.org/wiki/index.php?
title=Image:No_brackets.gif&action=edit>
<https://html4all.org/wiki/index.php?
title=Image:Nobrackets_reversed_html.gif&action=edit>

Leif
Alt
<https://html4all.org/wiki/index.php?
title=New_Logos_Archive_and_discussion_page&action=edit&section=9>
Longdescription
<https://html4all.org/wiki/index.php?
title=Image:Html4ala.gif&action=edit>
<https://html4all.org/wiki/index.php?
title=Image:Html4alb.gif&action=edit>
<https://html4all.org/wiki/index.php?
title=Image:Html4alc.gif&action=edit>
<https://html4all.org/wiki/index.php?
title=Image:Html4all.gif&action=edit>

Patrick
Alt
https://html4all.org/wiki/index.php?
title=New_Logos_Archive_and_discussion_page&action=edit&section=8
Longdescription
<https://html4all.org/wiki/index.php?title=Image:Html4all-markup-
logo.jpg&action=edit>

Josh:
Alt Text editing
<https://html4all.org/wiki/index.php?
title=New_Logos_Archive_and_discussion_page&action=edit&section=3>

Long description editing
<https://html4all.org/wiki/index.php?
title=Image:Html_angel1.jpeg&action=edit>
<https://html4all.org/wiki/index.php?
title=Image:HTML4ALL_circuit.jpg&action=edit>
<https://html4all.org/wiki/index.php?
title=Image:HTML4ALL_georgia.jpg&action=edit>
<https://html4all.org/wiki/index.php?
title=Image:HTML4ALL_jazz_noalt.jpg&action=edit>
<https://html4all.org/wiki/index.php?
title=Image:HTML4ALL_jazz.jpg&action=edit>
<https://html4all.org/wiki/index.php?
title=Image:HTML4ALL_jazz2.jpg&action=edit>
<https://html4all.org/wiki/index.php?
title=Image:HTML4ALL_optima.jpg&action=edit>
<https://html4all.org/wiki/index.php?
title=Image:HTML4ALL_orange.jpg&action=edit>
<https://html4all.org/wiki/index.php?
title=Image:HTML4ALL_red.jpg&action=edit>
<https://html4all.org/wiki/index.php?
title=Image:HTML4ALL_logo10.jpg&action=edit>

Take care,
Rob