[html4all] html authoring guidelines

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Fri Nov 23 02:55:26 PST 2007

On Fri, Nov 23, 2007 at 10:31:56AM +0000, Steven Faulkner wrote:

> Contributing to this and ensuring that accessible authoring practices
> are included would be worthwhile.
>
> any thoughts?

Yet another set of authoring guidelines?

My preference would be for a single, unified set of authoring guidelines
covering the following:

1. Internationalization.

2. Mobile devices.

3. Accessibility.

4. Other recommended practices.

This should be a W3C note, or written outside the W3C context - not another
Recommendation-track guidelines document, as we already have enough of those.

Consider this a unification of internationalization, WCAG and mobile authoring
techniques applied to HTML 5 and to whatever the latest version of CSS is when
the HTML spec goes to Recommendation, and possibly covering other technologies
as well (although HTML+CSS would be more than enough work).

I'm not volunteering to work on this; the object of this post is merely to
raise the idea.