[html4all] What now ALT?

Philip Taylor (Webmaster) P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Thu Oct 4 09:15:27 PDT 2007

Sorry, Rimantas, neither of these are relevant to
your assertion.  You wrote :

>>  > There ARE cases when alt attribute would do more harm and hurt accessibilty
>>  > more than lack of it, and spec would allow you to omit it in that case.

but your examples are of wrongly used ALT rather than
of ALT being intrinsically harmful.  Both of the pages
you cite should have correct ALT text where appropriate
and null ALT text for spacers; what I was hoping you would
be able to adduce was an example of a page in which
/any/ ALT text (including null) would "do more harm
and hurt accessibilty more than lack of it"

Philip TAYLOR
--------