[html4all] Jack Pickard Article: Accessibility: Making it All Worthwhile

Joshue O Connor joshue.oconnor at cfit.ie
Sun Oct 21 08:24:16 PDT 2007

Hi Laura,

I agreed with Jack when he says:

> if you’re someone who is passionate about web accessibility (however you define it); if you’re someone who believes that it is important for anyone
>who considers themselves to have a professional skill level in web development to be able to ensure that their sites aren’t discriminating against the disabled, [...]

That resonated with me as I really do think that  accessibility is a
quality issue. In other words it is a by-product of best practice. This
is in terms of user interface design, good coding practice, usability
etc. So if a developer knows their stuff they are in a much better
position to build accessible and usable websites/applications and
interfaces. If they don't (and there is a lot of this) they produce
substandard designs that are inaccessible/unusable etc.

Is Jack aware of html4all? If not he would be a good addition.

Cheers

Josh