[html4all] from hixies log - Fire, a two-hour weekend, accessibility, and other rants

Robert Burns rob at robburns.com
Thu Sep 6 10:03:17 PDT 2007

Hi PHil,

The reason messages are being posted to this list from non-members is
that members of this list are setting their reply-to headers
deliberately so that messages from non-members will get posted to
this list. Its not simply by accident that these messages are
arriving at our list.

One way to accomplish similar results would be to BCC this list and
point to an archives for another list so that members of HTML4all can
follow up on the conversation. Or simply email the list to let us
know about a relevant conversation taking place on another list.

However, if a member does take steps to make sure a reply ends up on
this list, I do not want to be the one to veto that decision. This
has got nothing to do with how the list is configured.

Take care,
Rob