[html4all] Draft mission statement (was Re: HTML4all in public?)

Laura Carlson laura.lee.carlson at gmail.com
Sun Sep 9 05:26:48 PDT 2007

In an attempt to try to include action, not just beliefs, I reworked
the first sentence in the mission statement to include the words "our
mission" ..." is to promote".

It was:
"We, the undersigned, believe that - given the de facto position of
HTML as the primary markup language for the World Wide Web - it is
essential that HTML evolve in such a way as to ensure that the
contents of any page in which it is correctly used are potentially
accessible to all, regardless of the technology used to render the
page, the primary medium through which it is rendered, and the
physical and/or cognitive abilities of the person accessing the page."

Now it reads:
"We, the undersigned, believe that our mission - given the de facto
position of HTML as the primary markup language for the World Wide Web
- is to promote the evolution of HTML in such a way as to ensure that
the content of any page in which it is correctly used is potentially
accessible to all, regardless of the technology used to render the
page, the primary medium through which it is rendered, and the
physical and/or cognitive abilities of the person accessing the page."

Is this an improvement or not?  Thoughts? Feel free to revert it back,
revise. Edit at will.
https://html4all.org/wiki/index.php/Mission_Statement

Thanks,
Laura