[html4all] List rules

Laura Carlson laura.lee.carlson at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 06:32:23 PDT 2007

Good points Phil.

Based on that I have a suggestion that we:

   1.  remove the "Moderation Policy" section for now (but hold it in
reserve just in case we need to add it in the future...maybe save it
as a draft on a separate wiki page.)
   2. incorporate Phil's verbiage with Greg's in the "Be Polite and
Show Respect" section  something like:

--
html4all is characterized by tolerance and mutual respect. It is
intended to foster constructive dialogue and increase networking in an

    * debate; we don't argue
    * listen; we don't shout
    * respect the right of others to disagree

We are happy if others want to join, and the only thing we ask of them
is that they accept this ethos. If they do, and they are happy to work
within it, then long may they remain a member; but if they choose
instead to ignore it, and to behave in such a way as to cause offence,
then they will be asked to leave. And if they refuse, they will be
removed.

--

That is the most important piece to get across. Maybe even think about
moving the  "Be On-Topic" and "Cite Briefly" sections to a separate

my 2 cents,
Laura