[html4all] Figure ideas (was: Article by Catherine: Feedback on accessibility concerns in HTML5)

Leif Halvard Silli lhs at malform.no
Sat Sep 22 10:22:26 PDT 2007

[...]

It looks as if what you - or that person - really was after was «a better ALT» - see the HTMLwg Wiki page about that subject <http://esw.w3.org/topic/HTML/ABetterAlt>. The idea of that page is basically to offer an, by default, hidden <ALT> element instead of the ALT attribute. An ALT element would probably be able to do some of what @LONGDESC does.
--
leif halvard silli