[html4all] WG Process

Philip Taylor (Webmaster) P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Tue Feb 26 08:44:44 PST 2008

Once again, we gain an insight into how "WG Process"
is interpreted by one of the HTML 5 editors :

> Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 04:29:19 +0000 (UTC)
> From: Ian Hickson <ian at hixie.ch>

> Executive summary:
>
>  * Tentatively added <ol reversed> to make reverse lists. We'll remove it
>    if browser vendors don't like it.

Not "if the WG don't approve"; not "if consensus
does not emerge", just simply "if browser vendors
don't like it".

I think I'm going to pull out of the HTML 5 WG
completely; the whole exercise is, to my mind,
simply degenerating into a farce, and is not
something with which I'd like to be associated
by those unfortunate enough to inherit the mess.

** Phil.