[html4all] WG Process

Laura Carlson laura.lee.carlson at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 10:29:05 PST 2008

Hi Phil,

> I think I'm going to pull out of the HTML 5 WG
> completely; the whole exercise is, to my mind,
> simply degenerating into a farce, and is not
> something with which I'd like to be associated
> by those unfortunate enough to inherit the mess.

I have had similar feelings. But when Dan okayed the action item at
last week's teleconference to "draft text for HTML 5 spec to require
producers/authors to include @alt on img elements", I became more
hopeful.
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/54

Jason gave some very sound advice about W3C process and participating
in the Working Group. If possible, give it a try. It certainly helped
with alt.

Best Regards,
Laura