[html4all] WG Process

Laura Carlson laura.lee.carlson at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 09:23:25 PST 2008

Hi Phil,

> We debate (some) aspects of the Draft Specification
> without ever agreeing what our Design Principles
> are.

Good point. Principles are fundamental value guides used to base
decisions. Dan has said, "their main utility is as justification in
discussions..." [1]. Yet, as you say the principles are a draft
subject to change.

> I would like a complete
> moratorium on any discussion on the Draft Specification,
> and in its place, a well-led debate (ultimately
> leading to agreement) on each and every Design
> Principle in turn (including "Design Principles"
> that do not even appear as of today).

Sounds like an issue that you feel strongly about. You may want to
raise and try to get action on it by following Jason's and Chaals'
advice. BTW Dan also advised to go to teleconferences. He said that
"action items are accepted/assigned in teleconference or IRC
discussion." [2][3]

Best Regards,
Laura
[1] http://krijnhoetmer.nl/irc-logs/html-wg/20070817#l-43