[html4all] html authoring guidelines

Joshue O Connor joshue.oconnor at cfit.ie
Fri Nov 23 04:38:02 PST 2007

Charles McCathieNevile wrote:
> On Fri, 23 Nov 2007 11:55:26 +0100, Jason White <jason at jasonjgw.net> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Nov 23, 2007 at 10:31:56AM +0000, Steven Faulkner wrote:

> I am pretty much 100% in agreement with Jason. I certainly don't think it
> is very useful to try and make something like this a recommendation - I
> think it is too complex to justify the effort of getting complete
> agreement and structuring for conformance testing etc.
>
> That said, it is useful. I would suggest, where possible, contributing
> directly to the work in the HTML WG. Having lots of seperate groups
> working in parallel is not really optimal in many ways - it makes the
> discussion more or less impossible to follow, which in turn effectively
> reduces the transparency of the process.

Good points from Jason and Chaals.

For me, I was just suggesting contributing to the best practice guide
for authors within the HTML5 group (when the group can figure out what
that is) as many here are also involved but what Jason is suggesting is
a W3 free authoring guide. Is that right Jason?

However, to be honest I have neither the will nor the spare cycles for a
maha rewrite of anything at the mo, am experiencing post book blues.

Cheers

Josh